At KONAMI, we are dedicated to offering our fans and users the finest, inclusive play experience. This Code of Conduct applies to interactions with other users as well as KONAMI staff and contracted staff hired to help at KONAMI events both in-person and digitally in-game, as well as in our shared community spaces. In the spirit of respect, common sense, and fair play, please abide by the following guidelines:
We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Do not harass, bully, threaten, harm, or cause discomfort to other people, including any other players and KONAMI staff, or any contracted staff that has been hired to help at KONAMI events, including judges and event staff.
- The following behaviours will not be tolerated and will result in KONAMI taking action as more fully detailed in the "Consequences" section below: Engaging in or encouraging any discriminatory, disrespectful, prejudicial, hateful, physically dangerous, illegal, or otherwise objectionable conduct, as determined by KONAMI in its sole discretion.
- Discrimination or prejudice based upon race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status will not be tolerated. Use of hate speech or racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic, or religious slurs
- Communications clearly insulting other users, individually or as a group, directly or indirectly.
- Stalking, harassing, bullying, threatening, misrepresenting, harming, or impersonating any person or company.
- Posting, distributing, or linking to obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, graphically or gratuitously violent, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, hateful, or discriminatory language or content. This includes “masking” language by using alternative characters/spelling/spacing to get around profanity filters.
- Using, posting, distributing, or linking to religious or political content. This includes any bashing or derogatory comments of religions or religious groups and/or political groups or affiliations.
- Harassing of a specific person by repeated trolling, spamming, personal attacks, or by posting their personal or other confidential information. Trolling or baiting the community in general with inflammatory statements, such as ones designed to elicit a negative response from the community, are prohibited.
Falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in consequences, as discussed below.
Users should not post private or personal information. Sharing other people’s personal information, other than display or screen names, is never allowed. Sharing or threatening to share someone’s alternate account names, real-world location, real name, log-in credentials, or other personal information is prohibited.
Additionally, never impersonate other people, including by using their screen name or self-representation to attempt to obtain sensitive information from others, or for any other reason. This includes impersonating fellow users, KONAMI staff, or falsely claiming to be law enforcement or a representative of another business or Website.
Your personalised in-game screen names or nicknames for Card Game ID, usernames, and IDs must be chosen carefully. Any names that are considered offensive may be altered, rejected, or deactivated without notice.
Do not create usernames that could include, for example:
- Names of offensive or notorious persons, controversial political figures, or references to cultural tragedies or of significant religious or occult meaning.
- Names containing profanity, obscene slang, graphic anatomical references, racial, ethnic, sexist, or religious slurs.
- Names with word, letter, or number combinations that produce an offensive result. Without limitation, misspellings, phonetic, and alternative spellings of prohibited names are subject to alteration, rejection, or deactivation without notice.
- Names of or references to illicit substances or drug-related paraphernalia.
- Names containing KONAMI or any derivative thereof
- Names impersonating KONAMI, its intellectual properties, and/or KONAMI employees
- Names with the intent or effect of harming the reputation of another.
Cheating, Scams, Bribery, Fraud
Do not attempt to use or gain access to another's accounts or service, engage another member under false pretences, or otherwise seek to defraud another member. Anyone linking to, posting, distributing, or promoting hacks, modifications, viruses, or password mining websites may face legal action in addition to normal account penalties. Intentionally purchasing or distributing infringing or pirated copies of KONAMI products is not allowed.
Do not attempt to artificially alter the outcome of a sanctioned event, tournament, or organized game. Bribing or offering compensation to change the outcome of a game is not allowed. Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any unsportsmanlike manner is not allowed.
Do not violate the terms of any official organized play tournament rules as published and updated by KONAMI:
Official KDE-E Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Tournament Policy Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania
Dangerous or Illegal Activities
Do not promote, plan, glorify, or engage in any illegal or dangerous activity or otherwise make available content that would encourage or provide instructions for an illegal or dangerous activity. These activities include (but are not limited to) activities or crimes relating to drugs, drug paraphernalia, hate crimes, sexual assault, solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, counterfeiting, and fraud.
Activities dealing with hacking, cracking, phreaking, and keygens, providing or linking to software viruses, trojan horses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed or intended to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment are illegal and prohibited.
This Code of Conduct applies to your interactions with other users as well as KONAMI staff, including in game, at events, and in our shared community spaces, digital, and in person.
If you do not follow this Code of Conduct (as determined by KONAMI in its sole discretion) or the Terms and Conditions of Use, then you may lose access to your KONAMI accounts and associated content, usernames, and screen names. If your account is permanently banned, you may lose all rights to games, virtual items, account balances, or other items that you may have earned or purchased. If you have multiple accounts, all your accounts may be impacted.
Violations of the Code of Conduct may also result in suspension from Organized Play. Suspended persons may not participate in or be present at any Yu‑Gi‑Oh! tournament, including at their local Official Tournament Store.
Moderators or other KONAMI staff may issue formal warnings, by post, private message, or email, when a user has committed a Code of Conduct infraction. KONAMI, at its sole discretion, may issue a warning, suspension, or expulsion depending on the severity of the infraction, including whether you are a repeat offender and other factors.
This explanation of disciplinary procedures is meant to be a guideline for users to understand what their status may be within the process, but it is only a guideline. KONAMI may deviate from this procedure at any time and in any manner in its sole discretion and reserves all rights and remedies available in law and equity.