What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that is downloaded to and stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Each cookie is unique to your web browser or device. There are several different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which only last as long as your visit to the website. Session cookies are used for things such as remembering what you put into your shopping cart as you browse a website, or to ensure that your bank account information cannot be accessed after you leave the bank’s website.
- Persistent cookies, which last for a longer period of time, including in between sessions. Persistent cookies are used for things like remembering your preferences and choices when you re-visit a website, or for keeping you logged in to a website.
- First- and third-party cookies, which refer to who is placing the cookie on your computer or device. First-party cookies are placed by the website that you are visiting; third-party cookies are placed by a third-party, such as an advertising company that is posting ads on the website that you are visiting.
- Web beacons are similar to a cookie. It is a transparent pixel image that is used in collecting information about website usage, e-mail response and tracking.
What cookies do we use?
We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary functionality: We use several persistent cookies that are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we would not be able to provide certain functions of our site.
- To provide additional functionality: To remember the setting you’ve chosen to use when viewing our site, and to tailor our site to you. For example, if you set your location to France, we know to translate the site into the French language for you.
- Analytical or Performance purposes: To measure visitor behaviour, such as how many times a visitor visits the site, so that we can improve our site and provide you a better experience.
How can I control cookies?
Web browser cookies:
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
You can choose whether to accept cookies that are set by KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERAINMENT B.V. and its partners on the cookie settings page.
Many KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERAINMENT B.V. websites do work without cookies, but you will lose some features and functionality if you choose to disable cookies. For example, you won’t be able to enter age-gated sites or choose a preferred language.
To support our web pages, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Similarly, you will also see embedded ‘share’ buttons on KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERAINMENT B.V. web pages that enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service through which you have chosen to share content (such as Facebook or LinkedIn). KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERAINMENT B.V. does not control the placement of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information on how to restrict the placement of these cookies.
Information on the Usage of Social Plugins of Facebook:
We are using Social Plug-Ins ("Plug-Ins") on our pages courtesy of the social Network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
They can be identified by the Facebook-Logo or the "Like Button" on the Websites of KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. An overview on these Plug-Ins by Facebook can be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you are browsing a KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. Website that contains such a Plug-In, a direct connection will occur between your browser and the Facebook server. KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. has no influence on the collected data that is transmitted to Facebook, therefore we can only inform you according to our best knowledge.
When visiting a KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. Website that includes a Plug-In, Facebook receives all information that the respective Plug-In contains, at least the information that you have visited the respective KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. Website with your IP Address. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook will be able to connect your visit with your Facebook-Account. If you are interacting with the Plug-Ins, e.g. pushing the "Like Button" or leaving a comment, the respective information will be transferred from your browser to Facebook and saved over there.
We would like to express that we as the Website Hoster receive no information on the contents nor the usage of the collected data by Facebook.
It's possible to block Social Plug-Ins of Facebook with Add-ons for your browser, for example the "Facebook Blocker". If you are using such a Plug-In, KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. takes no responsibility for the proper usage and function of the used Plug-Ins.
KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. uses DoubleClick-Remarketing-Pixels as a Retargeting Technology, which is a service by Google Inc. ("Google"). DoubleClick-Remarketing-Pixels enable KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V., users of KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. websites, who already have shown interest for a KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. service, to display targeted advertisements for these services on websites of our partners. This type of advertising is completely pseudonymous.
The actual displaying of these advertisements on the websites of our partners is handled via Google AdWords based on a Cookie-Technology ("DoubleClick Cookie") and the prior visit of a product area on the KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V. Websites. Partners (excluding Google) receive no information on the saved data in the Cookie. Besides an IP Address, an ID number will be saved inside the Cookie. No further personal data like E-Mail Address, Company Name or Phone Number will be saved. The saved data contained in the Cookie will not be compiled with other personal Data to create User Profiles.
Users can deactivate the DoubleClick-Remarketing-Pixel via visiting the Deactivation Website for DoubleClick or the Deactivation Site of the Network Advertisement Initiative.