KONAMI Judge Program Overview
The goal of Konami’s Judge Program is to provide support and guidance for our volunteer judges, encourage them to improve their skills and knowledge, and offer Certification Testing to recognize their efforts and accomplishments.
You must pass the Rulings Certification Level 1 Test (RC-1) in order to apply to join the Konami Judge Program.
By passing certification tests, a Judge can evaluate his or her knowledge of the various aspects of judging. All Konami Judges are encouraged to actively pursue Judge Certification.
Currently Available Tests
Rulings Comprehension – Level 1 Test
- This test is designed to evaluate your knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh’s basic game mechanics, and how cards interact with one another.
- In order to apply to join the KONAMI Judge Program, you must pass this test.
- You will need to carefully study the Official Rulebook, know the basic mechanics of the game, and pay attention to the card texts presented to you in order to pass this test and function effectively as a Judge.
You can find a copy of the rulebook here.
Policy Comprehension – Level 1 Test
- This test is designed to evaluate your knowledge of KONAMI tournament policy. In order to advance in the KONAMI Judge Program, you must pass this test.
- You will need to carefully study all three Official KONAMI Tournament Policy documents in order to pass this test and function effectively as a Judge.
You can find all three Tournament Policy documents here:
- Official KDE-E Yu‑Gi‑Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Tournament Policy
- Official KDE-E Tournament Infractions and Penalties Policy
Additional tests will be added, once the information you’ll need to prepare for each test is completed and made available. There will be constant room for growth and study, so Judges can expect to spend some time progressing through different levels of the certification process.
If you would like to take a test, click on the appropriate link to go to the test page. Please be aware that:
- Judge Certification is available only to persons aged 18 and older.
- You will need a valid CARD GAME ID (previously known as COSSY) number and a valid email address, in order for your certification to be confirmed. If you do not have a CARD GAME ID number, you can obtain one at a KDE Official Tournament Store.
- You can also acquire a CARD GAME ID number via the NEURON app.
- You must score 80% or more to pass.
- You may take the test more than once, if you do not pass on your first attempt.
- Test candidates should avoid discussing the questions and answers with other people.
Once you have completed the test and submitted your answers, you will receive your score immediately from the test page, so you will know right away if you have passed the test. Within a few weeks after your test, you will receive an email congratulating you on your new certification, which will also tell you how you can become more involved in KDE’s Judge Program.